Use winter wheat to help with erosion of the soil and your precious seed. Also, use this cover crop to help compete against weeds and as an indicator crop to help determine if your seeding was successful.
We recommend seeding this for late summer installations as a cover crop. Use at 50 to 100 lbs. per acre.
- Full Sun To Part Sun
- Normal to Dry Soils
- Cover Crops are local pick up only
- We can provide a custom quote for delivery
Photo 1: Bijay chaurasia [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], from Wikimedia Commons
Photo 2: By Rasbak [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], from Wikimedia Commons
- Shipping & Pickup
- Native seed mixes are shipped for $7.99 or can be picked up for free at Batavia location by appointment only
- Seed ships all year
- We batch mix seed orders on the 1st and 3rd full week of every month, orders collected by Sunday will usually be shipped the same 1st and 3rd full week of every month.
- We may be able to ship seed faster by request.