This special blend grass lawn blend was created specifically for those areas where low maintenance is a must such as steep hillsides, deep roughs on golf courses, RV parks, Cabins, or planting with wildflowers, or for lazy homeowners like me :) It's great in small or large landscapes!!! It's relatively deep roots help it compete well against weeds and makes it more drought resistant than typical turf.
If left to its own devices it reached 6-8" in height and forms flowing mounds of grass and seed heads. If you decide to mow we recommend 3 inches, high mowing has many benefits from weed reduction to gas savings and your Eco-Mow lawn will have a more traditional turf look.
- Forms a dense sod
- Requires little fertilizer if any
- Requires little water if any once established
- Less mowing per year if desired
- Adaptable to a wide range of soils and growing conditions
- Very good adaptation to shade and full sunlight
- Thrives in most moderately to well-drained soils
- Adaptable to a wide range of soil pH
- Excellent for moderate foot traffic
- Quality turf even on unfavorable sites
- Rapid establishment
Timing is critical to assure success when seeding cool season grasses like this one. Mid-August to early-September is the ideal time for seeding lawns in northern Illinois. April would be the second choice. Seeding in late spring through mid-summer often leads to problems as the summer heat slows or stops grass development of our cool season grasses and they are often stressed from drought.
- New Seeding Rate:
- 6-8 lbs/1000 sq ft
- 175–250 lbs/acre
- 3-4 lbs/1000 sq ft
- 130–175 lbs/acre
25% Improved Creeping Red Fescue (ex. Epic, Audubon, etc.)*
25% Improved Chewings Fescue (ex. J-5, Culumbra II, Ambrose, etc.)*
25% Improved Hard Fescue (ex. Rescue 911, Reliant IV, Spartan II, etc.)*
25% Improved Sheep Fescue (ex. Marco Polo, MX-86, Quatro, etc.)*
*All mixes may vary in % composition and species composition based upon availability.
- Shipping is $7.99 for seed (exception for custom quoted seed)
- We batch mix seed orders on the 1st and 3rd full week of every month, orders collected by Sunday will usually be shipped the same 1st and 3rd full week of every month. We may be able to ship seed faster by request.
Where We Ship