Welcome to the Kendall County Forest Preserve District Native Plant Sale Fundraiser
Native Plants Can Be Purchased Online by Pre-Order for Pickup at the May 28th Plant Sale. A Selection of Native Plants Will Also Be Available for Purchase on the Day of the Event.
Read Below For More Information.
This year Natural Communities Native Plants is proud to partner with the Kendall County Forest Preserve District to offer a pre-order native plant sale with nearly 200 species native to the Chicago Region!!! Proceeds will benefit the projects of the Forest Foundation of Kendall County in support of the Kendall County Forest Preserve District.
The plant sale/pick-up date is set for Sunday, May 28, 2017, at Harris Forest Preserve. Pre-order sales include; native flowers, grasses, sedges, ferns, shrubs, and trees. We will also offer a selection of the best native landscaping plants for purchase the day of the event. We hope to have all pre-order plants ready for pick-up at the event. However, a few select plant species may need a bit of extra time to grow and will not be ready for the event pick up. This is unpredictable from year to year and is dependent upon the number of sunny days and temperatures we receive. We will work directly with Kendall County Forest Preserve District to set a convenient secondary pick-up window in June when the plants become ready.
Important information regarding the plant sale:
You can always come back to the plant sale page by clicking on the "Events" tab and selecting "Return To The Plant Sale" from the drop down menu.
Order Closing Date/Time: 11:59 pm, May 13, 2017
Pick-Up & Plant Sale Date/Time: 10 am - 1 pm, Sunday, May 28, 2017
Pick-Up and Plant Sale Location: Harris Forest Preserve, 10460 Rt Hwy 71, Yorkville, IL 60560
Donate to Forest Foundation of Kendall County
If you have not ordered from us before or for a refresher please read the 10 easy steps to pre-order your native plants found below.
10 Easy Steps to Pre-Order Your Native Plants:
- Click the button at the bottom of the page to enter the plant sale. This will open a new window bringing you to the pre-order plant sale.
- You will have landed on the "Native Plants, Shrubs, & Trees" page. This is an important page that provides common groupings of plants by their traits. You can enter one of these groupings or click the "View All Plants, Shrubs, and Trees" at the bottom of this page to see all the plants offered. You can always come back to the plant sale page by clicking on the "Events" tab and selecting "Return To The Plant Sale" from the drop down menu.
- Click on any plant you’re interested in to view a description and photos.
- Choose the plants in the quantity of your choice.
- Please notice the green circular shopping cart button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. This button will show your total as you add items to your order. When you are ready to checkout click this button and you will be taken to the Shopping Cart page to review your order prior to checkout.
- Please review your order on the Shopping Cart Page. If all looks correct click the Checkout button in the lower right-hand corner of the page.
- On the first Checkout page, you will need to enter your address under "Shipping Address". Then click "Continue to Shipping Method".
- On the second Checkout page, please make sure the Kendall County Forest Preserve District - Native Plant Sale Fundraiser is selected under the "Shipping Method". This will ensure your order will be ready for pick-up at the plant sale. Click "Continue to Payment Method".
- Enter your payment information and click "Complete Order"
- You’re Finished, now just pick up your plants at the specified pick-up time and location.
Thank you for choosing to improve your surroundings and your planet.!!!
As always, thank you for choosing Natural Communities Native Plants!!!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us
Natural Communities Native Plants: Natives@NaturalCommunities.net