The Conservation Foundation-McDonald Farm Plant Sale
Welcome to The Conservation Foundation-McDonald Farm Plant Sale!!!
Here’s how the plant sale works: Native plants can be pre-ordered online for pickup on Saturday, May 12th at The Conservation Foundation’s McDonald Farm in Naperville. Members of The Conservation Foundation can save 10% on their pre-orders with a members-only code (enter the code at checkout). Please make sure The Conservation Foundation-McDonald Farm Plant Sale is selected under the "Shipping Method"
A special selection of spring ephemerals and native favorites of The Conservation Foundation’s staff will be available at their booth on May 12th at discounted prices.
A selection of native plants will also be available for purchase from Natural Communities on May 12th.
Day of sales species and quantities cannot be guaranteed and the 10% member discount does not apply.
If you would like to pre-order but cannot attend the May 12th pickup date, you can still pre-order and make arrangements to pick your order up in Batavia at Natural Communities. Select Local Pick Up - Natural Communities.
Deadline for pre-orders is 11:59 pm on April 22th, 2018.
Read below for more information.
Natural Communities Native Plants is again proud to partner with The Conservation Foundation to offer a pre-order native plant sale with nearly 300 species native to the Chicago region!!! These include native flowers, grasses, sedges, ferns, shrubs, and trees. We will also offer a selection of the best native landscaping plants for purchase the day of the event.
We at Natural Communities feel passionate about supporting The Conservation Foundation’s extremely important cause, therefore we will offer a 10% discount for pre-order sales to members of The Conservation Foundation. The 10% discount will only be offered for the The Conservation Foundation’s native plant pre-order sales and local pickup In Batavia at Natural Communities. Discount will not be valid for day-of purchases made at the May 12th McDonald Farm Native Plant Sale. Members, keep your eyes on your email inbox for the discount code. If you are a member of The Conservation Foundation and did not receive the code please contact us and we will confirm your membership and provide you with that code.
The plant sale/pick-up date is set for Saturday, May 12th, 2018 from 8am to 1pm at The Conservation Foundation’s McDonald Farm in Naperville. We hope to have all plants ready for pick-up at the event. However, a few select plant species may need a bit of extra time to grow and will not be ready for event pick up. This is unpredictable from year to year and is dependent upon the number of sunny days and temperatures we receive. We will work directly with The Conservation Foundation to set a convenient pick-up date shortly thereafter, as soon as the remaining plants are ready.
Important information regarding the plant sale:
You can always come back to the plant sale page by going to the bottom right of any page and clicking "Back To Plant Collections"
Order Closing Date/Time: 11:59 pm, April 22th, 2018
Pick-Up & Plant Sale Date/Time: 8am - 1pm Saturday May 12, 2018
Pick-Up and Plant Sale Location: McDonald Farm 10S404 Knoch Knolls Road, Naperville, IL 60565
If you have not ordered from us before or for a refresher please read the 10 easy steps to pre-order your native plants found below.
10 Easy Steps to Pre-Order Your Native Plants:
- Click the button at the bottom of the page to enter the plant sale. This will open a new window bringing you to the pre-order plant sale.
- You will have landed on the "Collections" page. This is an important page that provides common groupings of plants by their traits. You can enter one of these groupings or click the "View All Plants, Shrubs, and Trees" at the bottom of this page to see all the plants offered. You can always come back to the plant sale page by going to the bottom right of any page and clicking "Back To Plant Collections"
- Click on any plant you’re interested in to view a description and photos.
- Choose the plants in the quantity of your choice.
- Please notice the black shopping cart symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. When you are ready to checkout click this button and you will be taken to the Shopping Cart page to review your order prior to checkout.
- Please review your order on the Shopping Cart Page. If all looks correct click the Checkout button in the lower right-hand corner of the page.
- On the first Checkout page, you will need to enter your address under "Shipping Address". Then click "Continue to Shipping Method".
- On the second Checkout page, please make sure The Conservation Foundation-McDonald Farm Plant Sale is selected under the "Shipping Method". This will ensure your order will be ready for pick-up at the plant sale. Click "Continue to Payment Method".
- Enter your payment information and click "Complete Order"
- You’re Finished, now just pick up your plants at the specified pick-up time and location.
Thank you for choosing to improve your surroundings and your planet.!!!
As always, thank you for choosing Natural Communities!!!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us
Natural Communities Native Plants: Natives@NaturalCommunities.net