Short Wet-Mesic Prairie Solar Seed Mix
Short Wet-Mesic Prairie Solar Seed Mix
Using native seed mixes in your solar array can save you time, money and be more environmentally friendly at the same time!
This native solar seed mix is designed with function and efficiency at its heart.
First, off it is functional for solar array operations, it is approximately 3' in height or less, it contains resilient native species, it is low maintenance, and it has quickly established cool-season grasses as well. It contains some wetter species, but also this solar mix has some normal soil moisture plants to adapt to your site's varying conditions. This seed mix has 230 seeds per square foot!!! It has been designed to aid in meeting your SWPPP permit standards fast and yet still resilient and functional for long-term operations as well.
Second, it is functional for those pollinators and nature too! Colorful native flowers will bloom through the season and the mix contains native sedges and grasses that will support a multitude of wildlife. Their deep roots help water infiltrate draining your sie faster and aid in developing healthier soils.
This mix is designed for sites that are slightly wetter and need plants that are generally shorter than 3' in height.
Click Here to view the Short Wet-Mesic Prairie Solar Seed Mix Specifications
Solar Seed Mixes can be fully customized to specifications, height, site, and budget requirements.
- Please Specify Any Mixing Instructions Upon Order
- Don't forget the cover crop.
- A $50.00 small mix fee will be added to mixes which cost less than $250.00.
- Payment: Pre-payment is required on all orders unless prior credit has been approved.
- Delivery: Orders can be shipped using SpeeDee Delivery, UPS, or LTL Freight
- Returns: All sales are final Natural Communities, LLC reserves the right to deny a return or to charge a restocking fee.
- Prices, availability, and terms are subject to change without notice.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Shipping & Care
Shipping & Care
We want to ensure that our customers get what they want, a native backyard oasis. To do that, we need to follow a few simple guidelines and give you some information and pointers to make sure you get your plants delivered in a healthy state.
As a reminder, you will receive an email to confirm your pickup or shipping window just before the plants are ready. See Order Fulfillment below for seasonal fulfillment windows.
Choices to Receive Your Plants & Accessories
- Retail - We only offer shipping & shipping is calculated at check out*
- We do not offer retail pick up
- Wholesale - Delivery is customized based on order size and location
- Wholesale - Pickup is free
Order Fulfilment - When Your Plants or Other Items Will Be Ready
We take orders all year long and seed is shipped all year, but we only provide the plants to you in certain fulfillment windows to ensure healthy plants.
- Shipped or are Ready For Pick Up As Requested.
Retail & Website Orders
- Seed Typically Ships Out Within One Week Of Order All Year Long
- Typically, single species flats ship when ready, sometimes as soon as early to mid-April (depends on weather) through early-October.
- Mixed species kits are batched and shipped as indicated on the product page.
- If a plant order is placed while outside of the plant fulfillment window your plants will be reserved through your payment, however, the order will not be fulfilled and shipped until the following spring. We don't want to provide you plants when they won't be happy during the cold winter months.
- Early in the spring and later in the fall certain species may be dormant or partially dormant with brown leaves, however they will return to grow healthy next growing season.
- Your order may arrive in several different shipments.
- If certain plants within an order will not be available until a later date, we may choose to hold the full order until all are ready. In certain circumstances, we may choose to send them in two separate shipments
- Fulfillment is always dependent upon plant availability. We try our best but sometimes plants do not overwinter well and perish. If a plant is on back order you will receive an email indicating the estimated shipping date. If we can not provide the plant we will first notify you and give you an option of substitution or a refund of that individual species.
- Plants are typically only packaged and shipped on Mondays to ensure they do not sit in the harsh delivery facility for extended periods of time over the weekend. You will receive a confirmation email once your delivery has been shipped and to estimate your delivery date.
- Apparel & accessories are ready typically within one to two weeks. See product page for holiday shipping.
Where We Ship
What to Expect When Receiving Your Delivery
- Your plants will be packaged with the utmost care
- We will need to cut back certain plants prior to shipping. This seems counter-intuitive, however, the fewer leaves the less water the plants can lose during shipping, resulting in healthier plants for you. This also enables the plants to fit within the protective packaging and shipped safely.
- Larger plant shipments will look similar to the picture below with a tray of your plants and a cardboard box to protect them during shipping.
What to Do With Your Plants After Receiving Your Delivery
- Unpack your order IMMEDIATELY
- Inspect for damage and report any issues immediately to Natives@NaturalCommunities.net
- Water your plants
- Install your plants as quickly as possible and water the entire garden area thoroughly
- If you cannot install your plants immediately
- Some plants may not be in a container, put them into some kind of a container such as a paper cup with loose soil until installation
- Make sure each plant is receiving the appropriate amount of light.
- Continue to water daily each morning and possibly again in the afternoon
- No additional fertilizer is needed