Welcome To The Plant Chicago-Native Plant Sale Fundraiser
Native Plants Can Be Purchased Online by Pre-Order for Pickup at the May 20th Plant Sale. A Selection of Native Plants Will Also Be Available for Purchase on the Day of the Event. Pre-orders now closed, come and see us at the plant sale.
Read Below For More Information
Plant Chicago is a 501c3 nonprofit with a mission to develop circular economies while empowering people of all backgrounds to make their cities healthier and more efficient. This year Natural Communities Native Plants is proud to partner with Plant Chicago to offer a pre-order native plant sale with nearly 200 species native to the Chicago Region!!! Proceeds from the sale will benefit Plant Chicago's education, farmers market, and technology demonstration programming.
The plant sale/pick-up date is set for Saturday, May 20, 2017, at The Plant. The pre-order sale will include; native flowers, grasses, sedges, ferns, shrubs, and trees. We will also offer a selection of the best native landscaping plants for purchase the day of the event. We hope to have all plants ready for pick-up at the event. However, a few select plant species may need a bit of extra time to grow and will not be ready for event pick up. This is unpredictable from year to year and is dependent upon the number of sunny days and temperatures we receive. We will work directly with Plant Chicago to set a convenient secondary pick-up date in June that corresponds with one of their Saturday Farmers Markets. A selection of native plants will also be available for purchase on the day of the secondary pick-up date.
Tours of the plant will be given at 2 pm. During your tour, you’ll see some of our closed-loop tech demonstration projects up close, like an aquaponics farm and algae bioreactor. You can also view food production spaces for tenants at The Plant, including a brewery, British-style bakery, mushroom farm and others. Tours are $10 for adults and $7 for students and seniors.
Important information regarding the plant sale:
You can always come back to the plant sale page by clicking on the "Events" tab and selecting "Return To The Plant Sale" from the drop down menu.
Order Closing Date/Time: 11:59 pm, May 7, 2017
Pick-Up & Plant Sale Date/Time: 10 am - 2 pm, Saturday, May 20, 2017
Pick-Up and Plant Sale Location: The Plant, 1400 W 46th St, Chicago, IL 60609
If you have not ordered from us before or for a refresher please read the 10 easy steps to pre-order your native plants found below.
10 Easy Steps to Pre-Order Your Native Plants:
- Click the button at the bottom of the page to enter the plant sale. This will open a new window bringing you to the pre-order plant sale.
- You will have landed on the "Native Plants, Shrubs, & Trees" page. This is an important page that provides common groupings of plants by their traits. You can enter one of these groupings or click the "View All Plants, Shrubs, and Trees" at the bottom of this page to see all the plants offered. You can always come back to the plant sale page by clicking on the "Events" tab and selecting "Return To The Plant Sale" from the drop down menu.
- Click on any plant you’re interested in to view a description and photos.
- Choose the plants in the quantity of your choice.
- Please notice the green circular shopping cart button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. This button will show your total as you add items to your order. When you are ready to checkout click this button and you will be taken to the Shopping Cart page to review your order prior to checkout.
- Please review your order on the Shopping Cart Page. If all looks correct click the Checkout button in the lower right-hand corner of the page.
- On the first Checkout page, you will need to enter your address under "Shipping Address". Then click "Continue to Shipping Method".
- On the second Check Out page, please make sure the Plant Chicago - Native Plant Sale Fundraiser is selected under the "Shipping Method". This will ensure your order will be ready for pick-up at the plant sale. Click "Continue to Payment Method".
- Enter your payment information and click "Complete Order"
- You’re Finished, now just pick up your plants at the specified pick-up time and location.
Thank you for choosing to improve your surroundings and your planet.!!!
As always, thank you for choosing Natural Communities Native Plants!!!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us
Natural Communities Native Plants: Natives@NaturalCommunities.net