This special blend grass lawn blend was created specifically for those areas where low maintenance is a must such as steep hillsides, deep roughs on golf courses, RV parks, Cabins, or planting with wildflowers, or for lazy homeowners like me :) It's great in small or large landscapes!!! It's relatively deep roots help it compete well against weeds and makes it more drought resistant than typical turf.
If left to its own devices it reached 6-8" in height and forms flowing mounds of grass and seed heads. If you decide to mow we recommend 3 inches, high mowing has many benefits from weed reduction to gas savings and your Eco-Mow lawn will have a more traditional turf look.
- Forms a dense sod
- Requires little fertilizer if any
- Requires little water if any once established
- Less mowing, just a couple times per year if desired
- Adaptable to a wide range of soils and growing conditions
- Very good adaptation to shade and full sunlight
- Thrives in most moderately to well-drained soils
- Adaptable to a wide range of soil pH
- Excellent for moderate foot traffic
- Quality turf even on unfavorable sites
- Rapid establishment
- New Seeding Rate:
- 6-8 lbs/1000 sq ft
- 175–250 lbs/acre
- 3-4 lbs/1000 sq ft
- 130–175 lbs/acre
25% Improved Creeping Red Fescue (ex. Epic, Audubon, etc.)
25% Improved Chewings Fescue (ex. J-5, Culumbra II, Ambrose, etc.)
25% Improved Hard Fescue (ex. Rescue 911, Reliant IV, Spartan II, etc.)
25% Improved Sheep Fescue (ex. Marco Polo, MX-86, Quatro, etc.)
Please note that varieties may vary depending on availability and newer varieties that come on the market
Photo © Copyright Thomas Nugent and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.